ELIGIBILITY FOR NIFT ENTRANCE EXAMS 2018
NIFT Entrance Exams Phase I is held in the month of Feburary every year. The application process for NIFT 2018 will start in the month of October-November. The official notification for NIFT entrance 2018 is still awaited. The information for NIFT Entrance Exams according to last years notification are as follows:
ELIGIBILITY FOR BACHELOR PROGRAMMES
Maximum Age: 23 years as on 1.10.2016. The upper age limit may be relaxed by a period of five years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribe/ Differently Abled Person (PHP) subject to following qualifications
Eligibility for NIFT BACHELOR OF DESIGN - B.Des (Fashion Design / Leather Design / Accessory Design / Textile Design / Knitwear Design / Fashion Communication )
- The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central / State Board of Secondary examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education , New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
- General Certificate Education ( GCE ) Examination ( London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the advanced (A) level / International Baccalaureate ( IB ).
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in Foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10 + 2 system
- A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
- 3 or 4 years diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
Eligibility for NIFT BACHELOR OF FASHION TECHNOLOGY ( Apparel Production ) B.FTech
- The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education , New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi with Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
- General Certificate Education ( GCE ) Examination ( London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the advanced (A) level with Physics, Chemistry and Maths / International Baccalaureate (IB).
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in Foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10 + 2 system with Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
- A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects with Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
- 3 or 4 years diploma in any branch of Engineering recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
ELIGIBILITY FOR MASTER PROGRAMMES
Age : No Age Limit
Eligibility for NIFT MASTER OF DESIGN ( M.Des )
- Undergraduate Degree from any Institute/University recognized by law in India.
- Diploma in UG Design from NIFT/NID only.
- Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID.
Eligibility for NIFT MASTER Programme-Management ( MFM ) MASTER OF FASHION MANAGEMENT
- Undergraduate Degree from any institute/university recognized by law in India
- Undergraduate diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID.
Eligibility for NIFT MASTER Programme - Technology ( M.F.Tech) MASTER OF FASHION TECHNOLOGY
- B.F.Tech from NIFT
- B.E / B.Tech from any Institute / University recognized by law in India
1. Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply provided:
(a) That they produce a proof of having acquired the minimum prescribed qualifications at the time of counselling/admission.
(b) If the 12th class/final year/final semester (as the case may be) result of qualifying degree/certificate examination is not declared by the concerned Board/University till the date of counselling/admission, his/ her admission in such case will be strictly provisional subject to the following conditions:
(i) Affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.10/- in the prescribed Proforma (refer Brochure Annexure–I) is submitted. In case the candidate is minor i.e. below 18 years of age, the affidavit shall be signed by his/her parent/ guardian. Candidates/ parent /guardians may note that submission of false affidavit is a punishable offence;
(ii) The candidate will submit the final result of qualifying degree/certificate providing his/ her eligibility on or before 30th September, 2017 to their Campus Director / Jt. Director where the admission has been granted.
(iii) In case the candidate fails to submit his/her final result of qualifying degree in the manner as prescribed at (ii) above to prove his/her eligibility on or before 30th September, 2017, whatsoever the reason may be his/her admission will be treated as null and void (cancelled) and entire fee will be forfeited. Any exception will be as per the decision of DG-NIFT, on a case to case basis.
(iv) The Campus Director / Nodal officer will be responsible to ensure that the eligibility of all students meet prescribed qualification for admission specially in case of provisional students. The provisional admission will automatically stand cancelled if the candidate fails to submit result in time i.e. 30th September, 2017.
(v) Those candidates who are seeking provisional admission due to non-declaration of their final year/final semester/12th class (refer Annexure -I) will provide proof of having passed all papers in all the previous years /semesters of qualifying degreeexamination (whichever relevant).
(vi) The candidates will also bring the date sheet /admit card/ Principal’s certificate as proof of having appeared in the qualifying exam.
(vii) Candidates who have appeared for Supplementary examination(s) in the final semester/ final year of graduation and the result of the same is not declared by the time of counselling/ admission, such candidates will be considered for admission as per para 1 (b) (ii) above, for the academic session 2017 - 2018.
(viii) Candidates who have appeared for compartment examination(s) in the 12th standard , such candidates will be concidered only for provisional admission. However He/She will have to clear the compartment examination UNDER THE SAME BOARD, failing which the provisional admission will stand automatically cancelledand entire fee will be forfeited.
2. Any candidate who has not appeared for the qualifying exam before the date of counselling/ admission to NIFT, will not be eligible.
3. It is further clarified that provisional admission will be considered only in such cases where the result of Final year/semester of the qualifying degree has not been declared by the concerned Board/University in its totality. In case the result has been declared by the concerned Board/ University but it has not been declared in a specific case, for any reason, such cases will NOT be considered under provisional admission category.
For latest NIFT updates please visit the website http://www.nift.ac.in