About NEEEA 2018
- A single entrance exam – NEEEA ( National Entrance Examination for Engineering and Architecture ) will be held from the academic year 2018 – 19 and will replace all existing tests, including JEE ( Main ) , for B.Tech seats in government and private colleges.
- The HRD Ministry has asked the All India Council of Technical Education ( AICTE ) to frame rules for the test.
- The Centre has decided to set up a new body ie. National Testing Agency, which will conduct NEEEA.
- The Test will be conducted multiple times in a year and will be held in multiple languages.
- The introduction of NEEEA will save the students from the hassle of appearing in multiple exams.