7 must read Facts About Colour if you are preparing for NID
We can see colour all around us. Human world is predominantly a world of sights. More than 90% of the information of the world comes to us through our eyes. What we see is COLOUR. Faces, Patterns, buildings all register in our brain through the light that enters the eye. The eye’s retina absorbs the light and sends a signal, or sensation to the brain. This sensation makes us aware of a characteristic of light, which is colour. The human eye can distinguish over 10 million different colours.
Check your knowledge about Colours...
More to Explore...
Colour is an integral part of design. The right colour scheme not only uplifts the design but also adds a indispensable quality to it. Hence the correct knowledge of colours is essential if you are preparing for any Design Exam especially NID. Following Interesting Facts are presented for your reference.
- Munsell Colour System : Professor Albert H. Munsell developed 3D colour order system known as Munsell colour system. He was the first to systematically illustrate colours in 3 D space and also separate hue value and chroma into independent dimensions
- White Light & Prism: Sir Isaac Newton was the first to understand the rainbow. He realized that when white light passes through a prism, it creates a spread of colours: from red to violet.
- Beyond the Visible Spectrum: Humans can’t see beyond the Visible Spectrum. Only Bees, Butterflies, some species of bird & fishes can see into the Ultraviolet Spectrum. This is because it helps them to identify nectar in flowers. Snakes can see into the Infra Red Spectrum so they can sense the body heat of the prey.
- Colour Blindness : Colour Blindness occurs most commonly in males than females and affects a large percentage of population. The affected person has a healthy vision but suffers from decreased ability or complete inability to see colour or differentiate between colours.
- Yellow and black Taxis in India : Ever wondered why Indian Taxis were painted yellow – black ? Here is the Answer: Since Yellow is the most visible and noticable colour of all the other colours. Adding black acts as an accent and helps yellow to pop up.
- Royalty and the Colour Purple : Purple pigment was originally derived from fish and insects. Since the dye was rare and expensive, only the rich had access to the. Hence, the association with royalty was established.
- How do we see colour : Light enters the eye through pupil and hits the retina at the back of the eye. The retina is lined with light sensing tiny cells called cones and rods. These cells send electrical signals to the visual cortex of the brain. Then, the brain processes the information and returns with a mental image of what we see.
Check your knowledge about Colours...Try our Free Online Colour Tests
We Suggest You to Visit Our Free Download Section :
- NID Sample Paper
- NID Previous Year Papers
- NID Solved Papers
- NID Aptitude Test pdf
- NID Entrance Exam Papers
- NID Question Paper
NID Studio Test Papers
- NID Studio Test Question Paper
- NID Interview Preparation Tips - Help
- How to make a Portfolio
- Schedule of B.Design Studio & Interview 2014
Preparing for NID ? Try these free Online Tests :
By - Destrey