NID Design for Retail Experience 2017
NID offers 2-1/2 year long Master of Design ( M.Des.) programme in Design for Retail Experience Discipline at Bengaluru campus. Inspired by the booming Retail Industry in India, the programme aims at developing aesthetic sensibility, design competence, managerial skills and knowledge of the professional aspects of conception and presentation. The programme pays equal emphasis on theoretical and practical aspects with regular field visits to different retail markets, manufacturing units and exposure to domain specific national events, lectures and interaction with industry domain experts.
Important Links :
The curriculum includes courses like
- Design fundamentals & principles
- Retail furniture & fixtures
- Retail research
- Retail spatial design
- Visual merchandising
- Retail communication & branding
- Retail Store Design
- Retail systems & management.
Number of Seats: 15
Design Faculty: Interdisciplinary Design
Programme Co-ordinator: Nijoo Dubey
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal.
- Master’s degree in Furniture and Interior Design at NID Ahmedabad.
- Has a passion for colour applications in products, spaces, surfaces, and finishes.
- Has been teaching Design Fundamentals, Spatial Perception, Visualisation of Space, and Elements of Design.
- Coordinator of NID Asian Paints Colour Research Studio and Industry Interface at NID Bengaluru.
- Developed a kit comprising a set of exercisies that are to be performed with the user to understand their psychological influences on colour choices. The Trellis ( a research-based publication from NID ) published a research paper that describes the kit and the user-tests that were conducted in Chennai.
- Her projects range from wall fashion development for Berger Paints to vernacular architecture practice, from furniture for Pizza Hut restaurants to the development of women’s garment collections using Kasauti embroidery.