Experts Guide to NID 2018
NID 2018 ADMISSIONS
National Institute of Design, one of the premier institute's of design in India, has called for applications for the academic year 2018-19. NID offers B.Design and M.Design Courses at its three campuses located at Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar and Bengaluru. NID also runs GDPD courses at its Transit Campuses at Vijayawada and Kurukshetra.
NID DESIGN APTITUDE TEST
To get admission in NID, candidates have to appear and clear Design Aptitude Test ( DAT ), conducted by NID at various Test Centres across India. Design Aptitude Test is consists of two phases: DAT Prelims & DAT Mains. Students selected in the first phase examination can appear in DAT Mains. DAT Prelims carry 30% weightage while DAT Mains carry 70% weightage.
NID DAT Prelims for NID B.Des. GDPD and M.Des. will be held on January 7, 2018. Last date to fill Application Forms is 31 October, 2017.
NID FORMS 2018-19
HOW TO FILL NID APPLICATION FORM?
Step 1: Sign up/Registration
- Visit www.admissions.nid.edu
- Register/Sign Up
- While registering, provide a valid email address and an active mobile number, since these contacts will be used for all future communications with the applying candidate. Make sure the email id and mobile number are active till 31 August 2018.
- You will recieve an email at the registered email address. Please check your spam folder, in case you do not find the email in your inbox. If a candidate has registered with a wrong email id or phone number, he / she needs to register afresh with the correct details.This email will be useful for future reference, so do not delete the recieved email.
- Log in to your account using login & password to proceed further.
Step 2: Filling the Online Application Form
- After you Log in, proceed to Step 2–Application Form.
- Fill in all the required details.
- You can either click ‘Save & Exit’ to complete the form at a later time or date or after filling all details, click ‘Save & Proceed’ to go to the ‘Upload Document’ section.
Step 3: Uploading your Documents & signature
- Follow the instructions to upload a scanned photograph and scanned signature of the applicant.
- Candidates applying under the SC and ST categories are required to upload their valid Caste Certificate issued by a competent authority.
- Candidates applying under the Persons with Disability (PwD) category are required to upload their valid Disability Certificate issued by a competent medical authority as per the guidelines of the Government of India.
- Candidates applying under the Overseas category are required to upload the first and last page of their passport, clearly showing all of their personal information.
- Following is the list of documents to be uploaded by candidates of various categories at the time of applying online
|Category / Documents||Photo||Signature||Certificate|
|OBC - NCL Category||Yes||Yes||Yes, OBC-NCL Certificate|
|SC Category||Yes||Yes||Yes, Caste Certificate|
|ST Category||Yes||Yes||Yes, Tribe Certificate|
|Open-PwD Category||Yes||Yes||Yes, Disability Certificate|
|Open-NCL-PwD Category||Yes||Yes||Yes, Disability & Caste Certificate|
|SC-PwD Category||Yes||Yes||Yes, Caste & Disability Certificate|
|ST-PwD Category||Yes||Yes||Yes, Tribe & Disability Certificate|
|Overseas Category||Yes||Yes||First Page and Last Page of Passport|
6. After uploading the relevant documents, click ‘Save and Exit’ to complete the form at a later time or date or click ‘Save & Proceed’ to go to the Payment section.
- All photographs must be in JPG format and under 100 KB in size. It must be a coloured photograph taken at a professional studio. Photographs taken via mobile phone and other kinds of self-composed portraits will not be accepted.
- All signature files must be in JPG format and under 100 KB in size. You should have your signature digitally photographed or scanned and cropped to the required size.
- Caste Certificates for SC / ST Categories, Disability Certificates for Persons with Disability (PwD) category, Documents for Overseas category must be in JPG format and under 150 KB in size.
Step 4: Pay Application Fee & Print:
1. Category-wise Application Fees for Academic Year 2018-19 are as under:
|Programme/Category||For B.Design and GDPD||For M.Design - 1 Discipline||For M.Design - 2 Discipline|
|General Category||Rs. 2000||Rs. 2000||Rs. 4000|
|OBC - NCL||Rs. 2000||Rs. 2000||Rs. 4000|
|SC||Rs. 1000||Rs. 1000||Rs. 2000|
|ST||Rs. 1000||Rs. 1000||Rs. 2000|
|General-PwD||Rs. 1000||Rs. 1000||Rs. 2000|
|OBC-NCL-PwD||Rs. 1000||Rs. 1000||Rs. 2000|
|SC-PwD||Rs. 1000||Rs. 1000||Rs. 2000|
|ST-PwD||Rs. 1000||Rs. 1000||Rs. 2000|
|Overseas Candidates||Rs. 3000 ( Only B.Des.)||Rs. 3000||Rs. 6000|
2. Select method of payment—either credit/debit card to pay online or demand draft to pay offline, and submit the required details.
3. You will be asked to verify your details, after which you can proceed to make the payment.
Please take a moment to review your information as modifying or editing your application form is NOT possible after this stage.
4. After paying online, you will be redirected to the ‘Print’ section where you can save your form as a PDF file and print it.
5. If paying via demand draft, it should be in favour of ‘All India Management Association’payable at New Delhi. You will be asked to fill in the details of the Demand Draft online to complete the submission process. Save the Application Form as a pdf file and print it. This should be done before 1400 hrs. on Tuesday,31 October 2017.
6. To complete the application process, you must send the demand draft and a printout of your application form in a single envelope to the following address via Speed Post/Courier, so as to reach before 1800 hrs on Thursday, 09 November, 2017. Please note that candidates who have made online payment via debit/ credit card are NOT required to send the print-out of your application form . Address for sending Demand Draft and printed copy of Application Form (only in case if application fees is paid via demand draft):
The Project Manager–CMS
All India Management Association
Management House, 14, Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110 003
- For applications received after 1400 hrs, 31 October 2017, the application fees (including late fees) applicable will be double the amount indicated above.
- Application fee is NEITHER refundable NOR transferable.
- The Application fees paid online (by debit/credit card) DOES NOT INCLUDE any bank/ transaction charges, and the same, as applicable, will be borne by the applicant.
NID BDes 2018 - NID offers 100 seats for Indian Nationals and 15 seats for overseas (supernumerary) candidates for B.Des. Programme.
NID MDes 2018 - NID offers 275 seats for Indian Nationals for M.Des. Programme under 19 disciplines in three campuses. In addition to the above, 2 seats per discipline are allotted for overseas candidates.
NID EXAM CENTRES
NID DAT Prelims will be conducted on 31 October, 2018 in the following cities in India.
Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Kurukshetra, Lucknow, Mumbai, New Delhi, Patna, Panjim, Ranchi, Thiruvananthapuram, Vijayawada, Bhubaneshwar, Guwahati, Kolkata, Nagpur and Raipur.
NID 2018 EXAM DATES
NID 2018 online registration process starts on 25 September, 2017.
Last date to submit application forms is 31 October, 2018.
NID DAT 2018 will be held on 7 January, 2018.
NID 2018 RESULTS
Results for NID M.Des. DAT Prelims will be announced on February 15, 2018 ( 1600 hrs. )
Results for NID B.Design & GDPD DAT Prelims will be announced on March 13, 2018 ( 1600 hrs. )
Final Results for M.Design will be announced on May 2, 2018 ( 1400 hrs )
Final Results for B.Design and GDPD will be announced on May 31, 2018 ( 1400 hrs )
Note: For latest NID updates please visit the website http://admissions.nid.edu/
About the Author: Anu Handa is an Interior Designer, DIY Artist, Co-Founder and Educator at Mosaic Institute of Design. She has been the lead blogpost writer at www.mosaicdesigns.in since 2009. Her educational background in Interior Design, Urban Planning and the English Language has given her a broad base to cover a range of topics in her articles. Anu has spent 15+ years training Design & B.Arch Aspirants for entrance exams.
Passionate about Design Education, she’s briefly worked with Annamalai University as a paper setter for Design Exams. Likes to write about Design, Architecture and related fields, on online platforms like Quora. Aims at challenging the conventional & age old teaching methodology.