NID Forms 2020
Updated: Aug 14, 2020 by Anu Handa
IMPORTANT - In the wake of Covid 19 pandemic and uncertainities arising thereof, NID has made major changes in B.Des/GDPD and M.Des admissions. The two major changes are:
1. Now selected candidates will not be called to the NID's Campuses for Dat Mains. Instead the whole process will be carried out through Online Interaction.
2. Also there are major changes in weightage of DAT Prelims & DAT Mains.
Please note the amendments for NID B.Des. The revised weightage for Dat Prelims and Dat Mains is as follows:
|DAT Prelims||DAT Mains|
Selected candidates will be asked to upload their creative work samples and statement of purpose for DAT Mains. Details for the above and downloading of Admit Card will be intimated to the candidates on their registered email IDs, prior to the DAT Mains.
Please note the amendments for NID M.Des. The revised weightage for Dat Prelims and Dat Mains is as follows:
|DAT Prelims - 60%||
|(Common Design Aptitude Test)||(Design Specific Test)|
Selected candidates will be asked to upload their portfolio and statement of purpose for DAT Mains. Details for the above and downloading of Admit Card will be intimated to the candidates on their registered email IDs, prior to the DAT Mains.
National Institute has invited applications for academic year 2020-21 for B.Des. GDPD, M.Des. and Overseas Category. Design Aptitude Test ( DAT) Prelims will be held on December 29, 2019 at the designated Test Centres. Last date for submitting online Applications is November 7, 2019.
More to Explore...
NID 2020 IMPORTANT DATES
NID Admission Notification
|Online Registration Process starts on||1400 hrs on October 1, 2019|
|Last Date for Submitting Online Application||
November 07, 2019( Till 1400 hrs )
|Last Date for Submitting Online Application ( On payment of late fees via debit/ credit card only )||November 13, 2019 ( Till 1400 hrs )|
|Window to edit Application Forms||From 1800 hrs on Wednesday, 13 November 2019 until 1800 hrs on Friday, 15 November 2019|
|Online Availibility of Admit Cards for DAT Prelims||December 20, 2019 ( 1600 hrs )|
|Design Aptitude Test ( DAT Prelims ) for B.Des.||December 29, 2019|
|Design Aptitude Test ( DAT Prelims ) for GDPD||December 29, 2019|
|Design Aptitude Test ( DAT Prelims ) for Overseas Candidates||December 29, 2019|
|Design Aptitude Test ( DAT Prelims ) for M.Des. including Overseas Candidates||December 29, 2019|
|Results for M.Des. - DAT Prelims to be announced||February 18, 2020 ( 1600 hrs. )|
|Rechecking request for M.Des. DAT Prelims||1800 hrs. on February 18, 2020 until 1600 hrs. February 21, 2020|
|Results for B.Design & GDPD - DAT Prelims to be announced||March 19, 2020 ( 1600 hrs. )|
|Online Availibility of Admit Cards for DAT Mains for B. Design and GDPD||Will be announced by end of May 2020.|
|DAT Mains for M.Des. Schedule||Will be announced by end of May 2020.|
|DAT Mains for B.Des. & GDPD & Overseas Candidates in Ahmedabad||Will be announced by end of May 2020.|
|Results to be declared for B.Design and GDPD - Merit List||Will be announced by end of May 2020.|
|Counselling||Will be announced by end of May 2020.|
More to Explore...
NID ADMISSION FORM 2020
Candidates can visit www.admissions.nid.edu to fill NID ADMISSION FORM online.
Step 1: Sign Up / Registration
1. Sign up / register with a valid email address and active mobile number.
2. After registration, login credentials will be sent via email to the registered email address.
3. Login to your account using Login credentials to proceed further.
Step 2: Filling up Online Application Form
1. Login and fill all the required details.
2. Click 'Save & Proceed' to go to the next section 'Upload Document.'
Step 3: Uploading Documents and Signature
1. Candidates need to upload a recent passport size photograph as per the instructions. All photographs must be in JPG/JPEG format and not exceeding 100 KB in size. It must be a coloured photograph taken at a professional studio.
2. Candidates need to upload their scanned signature as per the instructions. All signature files must be in JPG/JPEG format and not exceeding 100 KB in size. The signature should be digitally photographed or scanned and cropped to the required size.
3. Candidates applying under various categories are required to upload their valid Certificates issued by a competent authorities. The date of issue of the certificate must be 01 April 2019 or later. The certificate must be in JPG/JPEG format and not exceed 150 KB in size. Documents to be uploaded by candidates of various categories in addition to photograph and scanned signature are as under:
a. General EWS - EWS Certificate
b. OBC-NCL - OBC-NCL Certificate
c. SC - Caste Certificate
d. ST - Tribe Certificate
e. Open-PwD - Disability Certificate
f. GEN-EWS-PwD - EWS Certificate & Disability Certificate
g. OBC-NCL-PwD - OBC-NCL Certificate & Disability Certificate
h. SC-PwD - Caste Certificate & Disability Certificate
i. ST-PwD - Tribe Certificate & Disability Certificate
4. Candidates applying under the Overseas Category are required to upload the first and last page of their valid passport clearly showing all of their personal information. The document must be in JPG/JPEG format and not exceed 150 KB in size.
5. Once you are done with uploading the documents, click 'Save & Proceed' to go to the next section to pay Application Fees.
Step 4: Payment of Application Fees
1. Select method of payment-(a) ONLINE (via Debit/Credit Card) or (b) OFFLINE only by Demand Draft. Enter the required details as specified.
2. Candidates paying ONLINE will be directed to the payment gateway. After completing the payment process, they will be redirected to the 'Print Section' where they can save their form as a PDF file and print it.
3. Candidates paying OFFLINE have to prepare a Demand Draft of the amount in favour of 'All India Management Association' payable at New Delhi. Such candidates have to fill in the details of the Demand Draft online to complete the submission process. Then save the Application Form as a PDF file and print it. This should be done before 1400 hrs on Thursday, 7 November 2019. Send the Demand Draft and a printout of your application form in a single envelope to the following address (via Speed Post/Courier only), so as to reach before 1400 hrs on Wednesday, 13 November 2019:
The Project Manager-CMS
All India Management Association
Management House, 15, Link Road,
Lajpat Nagar Part 3, New Delhi - 110024
Nid Form Fees is as follows:
NID B Des and NID GDPD
|Programme/Category||For B.Design and GDPD|
|OBC - NCL||Rs. 2000|
|Overseas (Only B.Des)||Rs. 3000|
NID M Des
|Programme/Category||For M.Design - 1 Discipline||For M.Design - 2 Discipline|
|General||Rs. 2000||Rs. 4000|
|General-EWS||Rs. 2000||Rs. 4000|
|OBC - NCL||Rs. 2000||Rs. 4000|
|SC||Rs. 1000||Rs. 2000|
|ST||Rs. 1000||Rs. 2000|
|General-PwD||Rs. 1000||Rs. 2000|
|General-EWS-PwD||Rs. 1000||Rs. 2000|
|OBC-NCL-PwD||Rs. 1000||Rs. 2000|
|SC-PwD||Rs. 1000||Rs. 2000|
|ST-PwD||Rs. 1000||Rs. 2000|
|Overseas Candidates||Rs. 3000||Rs. 6000|
NID ENTRANCE EXAM CENTRES - DAT Prelims
For B.Des: Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Kurukshetra, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Patna, Raipur, Ranchi, Thiruvananthapuram and Vijayawada.
For M.Des: Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Patna, Raipur, Thiruvananthapuram.
NID CENTRES - DAT Mains
REVISED: See Notification on top of Page
For B.Des: The test centres could be any of the NID campuses ie. Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Gandhinagar, Andhra Pradesh, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh & Assam.
|Test Centre: Ahmedabad||Test Centre: Bengaluru||Test Centre: Gandhinagar|
|Animation Film Design||Design for Retail Experience||Apparel Design|
|Ceramic & Glass Design||Digital Game Design||Lifestyle Accessory Design|
|Film & Video Communication||Information Design||New Media Design|
|Furniture and Interior Design||Interaction Design||Photography Design|
|Graphic Design||Universal Design||Strategic Design
|Product Design||Toy & Game Design|
|Textile Design||Transportation & Automobile
For latest NID updates please visit the website http://www.nid.edu/
About the Author: Anu Handa is an Interior Designer, DIY Artist, Co-Founder and Educator at Mosaic Institute of Design. She has been the lead blogpost writer at www.mosaicdesigns.in since 2009. Her educational background in Interior Design, Urban Planning and the English Language has given her a broad base to cover a range of topics in her articles. Anu has spent 15+ years training Design & B.Arch Aspirants for entrance exams.
Passionate about Design Education, she’s briefly worked with Annamalai University as a paper setter for Design Exams. Likes to write about Design, Architecture and related fields, on online platforms like Quora. Aims at challenging the conventional & age old teaching methodology.
General Awareness questions asked in NID Dat Prelims, are not routine questions found in GK & Current Awareness books. Time & again, we have been educating students on the importance of observational GK in NID Exams. This is not something tha...(More)
NID Jorhat will be operational from Academic Year 2019 - 2020. Like any other recently established institute, things will take time to settle in initially, but don't forget that the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion has announced the co...(More)
MOST VISITED BLOGS
PG - Animation Film
PG - Apparel Design
PG Retail Design
PG Furniture & In
"I am so happy to share my experience with Mosaic Institute Of Design which has helped me achieve my greatest dream of studying at NID. The detailed and informative study material from Mosaic and the guidance by the faculties helped me to crack the studio test and in making an impressive portfolio. I cannot thank the teachers and Mosaic enough for all the hardwork they have put in to help me with my preparations. I would recommend Mosaic to everyone who is looking for overall development of design sensitivity along with exam oriented preparations."
Got Admission in NID Gandhinagar
Apparel Design (PG)test
"Mosaic Institute Of Design shines bright & stands apart from all other institutes. The features that make the place special are well qualified faculties excellent study material & systematic teaching pattern. Beyond that what strikes me is the transparency at the institute the faculties who come to the level of students to teach them. After enrolling here I have seen a vast improvement in my creativity level. To whatever heights we reach we will always be thankful to MOSAIC for channelizing our efforts in the right direction."
"The study material and entrance exam coaching at Mosaic for NID is very effective."