Eligibility for JEE Main Paper 2
JEE MAIN PAPER 2 ELIGIBILITY 2024
For appearing in JEE Main Paper 2, there is no age limit for the candidates. But only those candidates who have passed their Class XII Exam / equivalent examination in 2022, 2023; or those appearing in 2024 are eligible to appear in JEE Main Paper 2 - 2024, irrespective of their age. However, the candidates may be required to fulfil the age criteria of the Institutes, in which they are desirous of taking admission.
Qualifying Exams for JEE Main Paper 2
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized central / state Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre University examination conducted by a recognized Board / University.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational Examination.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state board of technical education of at least 3 year duration.
- Any Public School / Board / University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities ( AIU ).
- General Certificate Education ( GCE ) examination ( London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka ) at the Advanced ( A ) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Candidates who have completed the class 12th (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a board not specified above, should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class 12 examination.
- In case the class XII examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination earlier.
Eligibility for Admission to NITs, IIIT's, CFTI's participating through Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB)
Admission to B.Arch/B.Planning courses in NITs, IIIT's, CFTI's participating through Central Seat Allocation Board will be based on JEE Main Ranks subject to the condition that the candidate should have secured at least 75% marks in the class 12th examination or be in the top 20 percentile in the class 12th examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ST candidates, the qualifying marks would be 65% in the Class 12th examination.
The candidate is also required to pass in each of the subjects of Class 12 / qualifying examination.
The Admission to NITs, IIIT's, CFTI's will be based on the announced qualifying Percentile by the individual Institutes.
The eligibility criteria decided by the Council of Architecture for admission to B.Arch course other than NITs, IIITs, CFTI's
Only those candidates shall be admitted to architecture course who have passed an exam at the end of the 10+2 scheme of examination with at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also at least 50% marks in aggregate of the qualifying examination or passed the 10+3 Diploma Examination with Mathematics as a compulsory subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
For B.Planning, the candidates should have passed qualifying examination with 50% marks in Mathematics, and 50% marks in aggregate of the qualifying examination.
Subject combinations required in the qualifying examination for admission to B.Arch and B.Planning Courses in NITs, IIITs and other CFTIs shall be as under:
|B.Arch||Passed 10+2 with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry or passed 10+3 Diploma Examination with Mathematics|
|B.Planning||Passed qualifying examination with Mathematics|
About the Author: Anu Handa is an Interior Designer, DIY Artist, Co-Founder and Educator at Mosaic Institute of Design. She has been the lead blogpost writer at www.mosaicdesigns.in since 2009. Her educational background in Interior Design, Urban Planning and the English Language has given her a broad base to cover a range of topics in her articles. Anu has spent 15+ years training Design & B.Arch Aspirants for entrance exams.
Passionate about Design Education, she’s briefly worked with Annamalai University as a paper setter for Design Exams. Likes to write about Design, Architecture and related fields, on online platforms like Quora. Aims at challenging the conventional & age old teaching methodology.