NRI Category at NIFT
Foreign Nationals / SAARC / NRI seats at NIFT
Fifteen percent (15%) of total seats i.e.5 seats in each programme at Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Gandhinagar, Raebareli and Srinagar are reserved for admission of Foreign Nationals (whether residing in India or abroad) and Non Resident Indian, who are citizens of India holding an Indian passport and have temporarily immigrated to another country for six months or more for work, residence or any other purpose. The admission to NIFT programmes for foreign nationals / NRI candidates will be based on the following examinations:
(B.Des & B.FTech)
(M.Des & M.FTech)
Campus / Programme will be allotted on the basis of merit list drawn as per the scores obtained by the candidates.
Candidate may appear in as many as SAT-1 /GMAT/GRE examination prior to 30th April 2017. The highest score among the test will be taken into consideration for allotment of seat.
HOW TO APPLY UNDER FOREIGN NATIONALS/SAARC/ NRI CATEGORY AT NIFT
The last date for applying under this category is 30th April 2017.
For Bachelor Programmes
- Subit SAT-1 scores directly through College Board, USA, to NIFT H.O. New Delhi.
- The Designated Institution (DI) Code is 7258, which should be indicated by the candidate at the time of registration for SAT-1.
- The Campus and Programme will be allotted to the candidates based on SAT- I/GMAT/ GRE score as well as the preference of the candidate.
For Master Programmes
- Master of Fashion Management (MFM), should send GMAT test scores directly to NIFT H.O. Delhi.
- Master of Design (M.Des.) and Master of Fashion Technology (M.FTech.) should arrange to send GRE test scores directly to NIFT H.O. Delhi.
- The GRE/ GMAT/SAT-I scores should not have been declared before 1st January, 2015 and should be received by the Institute latest by 30th April, 2017.
- The applicants must designate NIFT Programmes as choice in the GRE/GMAT/SAT-I.
Candidates seeking admission under this category should apply in the prescribed Application Form online.
Academic Eligibility: All candidates must satisfy the required academic qualifications. In case Degree/certificate has been obtained from some University /Board of any other country then an equivalence certificate must be obtained from Association of Indian Universities (AIU) New Delhi (website: www.aiuweb.org) prior to admission. The medium of instruction in NIFT is English and all aspirants applying to NIFT must possess working knowledge of English language. Any NRI seat remaining vacant will lapse and not be converted to any other category. However, the remaining seats will be offered to the children /wards of NRI as per merit during counselling. NIFT may re-allot seats among the programmes to meet the demand of the candidates, within the overall limit as prescribed for this category.
Note: For latest NIFT updates please visit the website http://www.nift.ac.in/
Comments ( 0 )
Login to create a comment