NID DAT MAINS 2017
Mosaic announces ten day workshop for NID DAT Mains 2017 preparation for M.Des. B.Des. and GDPD programmes for all students who have cleared NID DAT Prelims 2017.
NID Studio Test Preparation
The mock audio visual tests assess a candidates visual and hearing skills. We, at MOSAIC, with the help of our experts, have developed short tests available in the form of videos: these tests are self explanatory, timed appropriately and designed on the pattern of previous years papers.
For NID B.Des Studio Test 2017
For NID M.Des Studio Test 2017
NID DAT MAINS for M.Design 2017
The DAT Mains for this programme consists of two parts:
NID STUDIO TEST 2017
This may consist of tests in different formats such as drawing/sketching, hands-on model making, group discussions etc. This test will be marked out of 100 points and will be conducted in English.
- 3-D model making - It involves making of 3-D models using the given materials such as clay, wire, string, different kinds of paper, thermacol, cloth etc. Practice working in the above materials. You can be given clay & asked to make an object with or without watching it. You are judged on the basis of your aesthetic appeal, creative and clever manipulation of given materials and an appropriate theme. It is advisable to spend first few minutes of the given time in thinking and drawing a rough sketch of your idea. Decide what is to be done first and what at last. Also carry some stationeries along with you like-pair of scissors, paper cutter, sharpened pencils, compass, fevicol with nosel, quick-fix, blue/black ball point pen, sand paper etc.
- Thematic/psychometric test - This test is based on your observation and presence of mind. You might be shown some object for a minute and you have to draw in details what you have observed. The time limit may be 1minute-10 minutes.
- Audio / visual test - A candidate has to listen to an audio or may be shown a video clipping for a minute and then he/she is to answer a series of questions based on them. You can be given a clip to listen .You have to identify that voice and also write some comments on what you have heard. It can be common household noise eg. sound produced by zip, flush, phone etc. Same with the video.
- Sketching test - This will test your 3D object understanding, imagination, visualisation and line quality.
- Pschychological test - Commonly known as doodles - some incomplete, vague lines are given. The candidate is supposed to add more lines to make a new composition/ idea/ pattern.
The interviews will be conducted separately for each discipline, immediately after the Studio Test,at the same centre.
What is an Interview ?
It is a face to face conversation between the candidate and interviewers. Keep yourself in a relaxed state of mind and dress up in a presentable manner. The interviewers are looking for intelligence (intellectual and emotional), communication skills, honesty, passion for design, genuine interest, ethics, energy, imagination etc. from the candidate. Justify why you deserve to be in, if asked but do so smartly, confidently and very important honestly. Try and be as natural as possible. The interviewers can quickly make out if the candidate is faking or covering up.
NID STUDIO TEST PORTFOLIO
What is a portfolio ?
Portfolio is a compilation of your best works, arranged in an order to show your interests and talents . It presents your strengths in the graphic form of text and illustrations. A well tailored portfolio is the most important tool you can bring to an interview to promote yourself. It distinguishes you from your competitors .
How important is Portfolio Review ?
It plays an important role in the final selection. A candidate must carry a collection of his/her original work which may include manual drawing and sketching, photographs, computer layouts etc. A candidate must have complete knowledge about his/her work and all the work must be presented very neatly & creatively.
NID DAT Mains for B.Design and GDPD 2017
The DAT Mains for these programmes may consist of tests in different formats such as drawing/sketching, hands-on model making, group discussions, presentations etc. These will be marked out of 100 points and will be conducted in English. The test centre will be NID Ahmedabad.
Note: For latest NID updates please visit the website http://admissions.nid.edu/