NIFT - Master Of Design
Master of Design (M.Des.)
The aim of this programme is to produce professionals in the field of academic research and Research & Development, trend research and design innovation for the growing fashion industry.
- First Year - The first semester aims to create a strong foundation for students with subjects like research methodology, design thinking, digital design, professional communication, IPR and builds on developing contextual knowledge in design through culture studies, outbound workshops and fashion language. In the second semester students choose from electives like Space & Interactive Design, Craft Studies, Costume Studies, Fashion Innovation, Interface Design, Ergonomics, Design for Special Needs and Functional Textiles. To acquire practical knowledge and industry experience, students also undertake industry internship during the summer break.
- Second year aims at inculcating entrepreneurial abilities in the students through guided projects on design entrepreneurship. Projects in their areas of specialisation, trend research and forecasting, craft studies and sustainable systems help the student build on progressive futuristic applications.
- Large fashion or corporate houses
- Accessories, craft, textiles, forcasting, special needs, media, lifestyle products,
- New product development and graphics
- Research and Development in government and private agencies
- Scholarly contribution in academia
Kannur, Mumbai, New Delhi
Note: For latest NIFT updates please visit the website http://www.nift.ac.in/
Comments ( 0 )
Login to create a comment