Why Study Design?
Design can be defined as a specification of an object, manifested by an agent, intended to accomplish goals, in a particular environment, using a set of primitive components, satisfying a set of requirements, subject to constraints; to create a design, in an environment.
Design as a noun informally refers to a plan or convention for the construction of an object or a system (as in architectural blueprints, engineering drawing, business process, circuit diagrams and sewing patterns) while "to design" refers to making this plan.
Design field is vast. There are numerous career options available.
DESIGN CAREER GUIDE
Few careers can claim to be as creative as art & design. You will be paid to think creatively at all times. There is also an unrivalled sense of satisfaction & achievement in seeing your ideas come to life in the finished product.
More to Explore...
WHY STUDY DESIGN?
- Over the years design has seen extensive growth. In terms of salaries, job growth and work satisfaction, Design is one of the hottest professions in today’s times.
- Few careers can claim to be as creative as art & design. You will be paid to think creatively at all times. There is also an unrivalled sense of satisfaction & achievement in seeing your ideas come to life in the finished product.
- Generally people around us treat work as a chore or a job which needs to be done in order to make a living. In this process they find the monotony of the job & timings very boring. But if you talk to people working in art & design fields, you'll find that they all really love their work. Being "creative & artistic" is something they have developed a special interest in during their studies, pursued as a hobby, or have always enjoyed doing as they grew up. And now they're getting paid to do what they really love doing! As well as being a fun career, art & design also make other things fun.
QUALITIES OF A DESIGN ASPIRANT
An aspirant for the field of design should have the following qualities
- Good creative & imagination skills.
- Flair for designing.
- Innovative thinking
- Good drawing / sketching ability, though not really important but is beneficial.
- Sound aesthetics
- Eye for detail
- Good Observational Skills
- Genuine interest for DESIGN
BEST DESIGN COURSES
You can choose from the following careers in art and design list
- Product Design
- Furniture & Interior Design
- Ceramic & Glass Design
- Graphic Design,
- Animation Film Design
- Film & Video Communication
- Exhibition (Spatial) Design
- Textile Design
- New Media Design
- Strategic Design Management
- Apparel Design & Merchandising
- Photography Design
- Lifestyle Accessory Design
- Toy & Game Design
- Transportation & Automobile Design
- Information & Interface Design
- Design for Digital Experience
- Design for Retail Experience
CAREER IN DESIGN
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN DESIGN
DESIGN AS A CAREER
There are lots of opportunities in the field of design for students as the sectors needing highly skilled and innovative professionals are increasing by the day. Spending power & lifestyle of people are increasing with the nation's progress, so is the demand for designers. Future in design holds great scope and infinite possibilities for talented individuals. This makes Design a very competitive field with healthy career prospects.
Scope & Prospects for designers can be in the following fields.
- Design firms or corporations
- Government Sector
- Own venture.