ABOUT NATA 2018
NATA Entrance Exam is held in the month of April. The application process for NATA 2018 will start in the month of November - December. The official notification for NATA entrance 2018 is still awaited. The information for NATA Entrance Exams according to last years notification are as follows:
- List of Architectural colleges offering B.Arch in Gujarat through Nata
- Nata Mock General Aptitude Test Papers
- National Institute for Advanced Studies in Architecture ( NIASA )
- List of Top Architecture Colleges in India
- List of Top Design Colleges in India
- Mosaic Nata You Tube Links
- Council Of Architecture
INFORMATION ABOUT NATA 2017
Full form of Nata - National Aptitude Test in Architecture.
NATA 2017 will be conducted as one day examination ie. Nata paper based Test 2017 or as Nata Offline Test 2017 all over the country on 16th April 2017 ( Sunday )
The Council of Architecture (COA) conducts National Aptitude Test in Architecture ( NATA ) to measure the aptitude of the applicant for admission to First year of five year B.Arch Degree at all recognized institutions all over India. By conducting NATA, COA provides a single scheme of examination to hold aptitude test & facilitate prospective students from all over India to apply for admission in architecture seats in Institutions & colleges spread across India. Nata is being conducted by COA since 2006. Nata ascertains the candidate's aptitude in the following fields:
- Drawing and Observation Skills
- Aesthetic Sensitivity
- Sense of Proportion
- Critical Thinking Ability
Schedule of Examination
|Date & Time for Nata Exam||16th April 2017 ( Sunday )
11 am to 2 pm
Grand Total of 200 marks
( MCQ ) General Aptitude
( MCQ )
|Drawing (Two Sets)|
|Marks Alloted||20 X 2 = 40 Marks
(OMR Based) 40 X 2 = 80 Marks
|40 X 2 = Total 80 Marks|
|Time Duration||First 90 Minutes||Last 90 Minutes|
Evaluation and Results
Answers are to be marked on OMR sheet for Mathematics and General Aptitude Test.
Drawing Tests will be evaluated by more than one examiner and marks are to be averaged.
The Results will be available in three formats:
- Marks available out of 200 in each format.
- Merit Listing - unique based on marks and tie breaking rules.
- Percentile score based on merit listing.
Qualifying rules for Nata would be based on the following:
- Minimum 25% secured in MCQ Section ( Mathematics and General Aptitude Test ) ie. 30 out of 120.
- Minimum 25% secured in Drawing Section ie. 20 out of 80.
- Overall qualifying marks ( out of 200 ) would be based on post - exam statistics and at the discretion of the Council.
NATA B.Arch EXAMS
Key Changes in Nata Exam 2017 pattern
|1. DATE OF EXAMINATION|
|Can be given on any working day in the time period allocated by COA||One day Examination all over the country to be held on 16th April 2017|
|2. TEST TYPE|
|Online Test and Drawing Test||Paper Based Offline Test|
|3. MODE OF EXAM
|Online and Offline Exam||Offline Exam|
|4. DISTRIBUTION OF MARKS
|Online Test - 100 Marks
Drawing Test - 100 Marks
|Mathematics - 40 Marks
General Aptitude - 80 Marks
Drawing Test - 80 Marks
|5. RESULT FORMAT
|Marks were obtained out of 200||The result will be available in three formats:
1. Marks obtained out of 200 and in each component
2. Merit listing – unique based on marks and tie breaking rules (mentioned in Section 4 above)
3. Percentile score based on the merit listing
|6. QUALIFYING MARKS
|To qualify Nata 80 marks were needed out of 200||Qualifying marks for NATA-2017 would be based on the following rules:
1. At least 25% must be secured in MCQ portion (30 out of 120)
2. At least 25% must be secured in Drawing portion (20 out of 80)
3. Overall qualifying marks (out of 200) would be based on post-exam statistics and at the discretion of the Council.
|7. VALIDITY OF SCORE|
|Earlier Nata Score was valid for a period of 2 years from the date of attempting the Nata Exam.||NATA-2017 score shall be valid only for admission in the session 2017-18|
|8. APPLICATION PROCESS|
|Students could apply online on http://www.nata.in||Application has to be filled up ONLINE at the NATA portal of NIC http://www.nata.nic.in|
|9. RECHECKING OF ANSWER SHEET|
|No Provision||Candidates may request for rechecking of the machine recorded responses online by payment of 1000 INR per response (Question) within stipulated period of time.|
|10th passed students could appear for Nata. No age limit.||Only 10+2 passed / appearing or 10 + 3 Diploma passed / appearing or International Baccalaureate Diploma passed/appearing, after 10 years of Schooling with Mathematics can appear for Nata.|
Council Of Architecture
Core - 6A, Ist Floor,India Habitat Centre,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi - 110003
Nata Website: www.nata.in
For latest NATA updates please visit the website http://www.nata.in