NID DAT Prelims and NID DAT Mains
Updated on: Jan 12, 2021
Admission to all of the design courses at NID will be granted on the basis of a two-stage competitive exam.
NID DAT Exam
Stage 1: NID DAT Prelims: Design Aptitude Test Prelims is a pen and paper based test. The aim of the this exam is to assess the creative abilities, knowledge, comprehension, Analysis, creativity, visualisation skills of the aspiring candidates. The test comprises of a mix of subjective and objective type questions.
Stage 2: NID DAT Mains: Selected candidates from Dat Prelims are called for the second phase examination ie. Design Aptitude Test (DAT) Mains. NID DAT Mains for M.Des consists of two parts - Studio Tests and Interviews.
NID DAT Mains for B.Des and GDPD may consist of tests in multiple formats such as in a studio set up.
|NID Dat Sample Paper||NID Entrance Exams||NID Application Forms|
NID Dat Syllabus
The aim of the exam is to evaluate the candidate on the basis of creativity and observation skills, knowledge, problem solving skills and visualization skills to name a few. CHECK: NID Dat Syllabus
NID DAT 2021 Dates
NID Dat Prelims for Master of Design (M.Des.) and Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) is usually held in the month of December-January every year. NID Dat Mains for the above programmes, is usually held in the month of May every year. CHECK: NID DAT 2021 Important Dates
NID Dat Prelims
- NID Dat Prelims carry 30% weightage in the calculation of the final score for B.Des GDPD and M.Des Exams
- NID Dat Prelims will be conducted at various test centres across India.
- NID Dat Prelims consists of an examination for three hours duration and will be marked out of 100 points.
- This is a pen-and-paper test conducted at the same time on the same day across all test centres.
- The question paper is in English.
- All questions are compulsory.
- There is no negative marking.
- Based on the DAT Prelims scores, separate merit lists shall be prepared for each category
OPEN, OBC-NCL, SC, ST & PwD). Shortlisted candidates only will be eligible to appear for the DAT Mains exam.
|NID Dat Question Paper||NID Eligibility||About NID|
More to Explore...
NID DAT Prelims Test Centres
Candidates applying under the Overseas category (supernumerary) for M.Des. and B.Des. programmes will be required to appear for their DAT Prelims in person, which will be followed by the DAT Mains, at NID Ahmedabad.
More to Explore...
NID DAT Prelims Paper Style
DAT Prelims is further divided into two parts:
|Part I||Part II|
|This part consists of Multiple-choice questions with one or more than one correct answer. The responses of this part will be recorded on an
OMR sheet and evaluated digitally.
|Subjective questions, with responses to be provided in
visual and/or written formats.
NID DAT Mains
IMPORTANT: For Academic year 2021-22, any notification regarding NID DAT Mains, is still awaited from NID. But following information is provided on basis of previous years admission guidelines (Pre-COVID)
- NID Dat Mains carried 70% weightage in the calculation of the final score for B.Des and M.Des Exams.
- Candidates shortlisted after the DAT Prelims will be invited to appear for the Stage 2- DAT Main exam at one of NID’s campuses in Ahmedabad, Bengaluru or Gandhinagar.
- The Admit Card for shortlisted candidates will be available for download only on the official NID admissions website (www.admissions.nid.edu).
NID DAT Mains for M.Des.:
The DAT Mains for this programme consists of two parts:
• Studio Test: This may consist of tests in different formats such as drawing/sketching, hands-on model making, group discussions etc. This test will be marked out of 100 points and will be conducted in English.
• Interviews:The interviews will be conducted separately for each discipline, immediately after the Studio Test,at the same centre.
Test Centres for DAT Mains for candidates of M.Des. were as follows:
|Test Centre: Ahmedabad||Test Centre: Bengaluru||Test Centre: Gandhinagar|
|Animation Film Design||Design for Retail Experience||Apparel Design|
|Ceramic & Glass Design||Digital Game Design||Lifestyle Accessory Design|
|Film & Video Communication||Information Design||New Media Design|
|Furniture & Interior Design||Interaction Design||Photography Design|
|Graphic Design||Universal Design||Strategic Design
|Product Design||Toy & Game Design|
|Textile Design||Transportation & Automobile
NID DAT Mains for BDes:
The DAT Mains for these programmes may consist of tests in different formats such as drawing/sketching, hands-on model making, group discussions, presentations etc. These will be marked out of 100 points and will be conducted in English. The test centres could be any of the NID Campuses.
Q1. What is NID Dat full form?
Ans. The full form of NID Dat is NID Design Aptitude Test.
Q2. Where can I get NID Dat Question Papers?
Ans. Click here to get previous year papers of NID Dat.
Note: For latest NID updates please visit the website http://admissions.nid.edu/
Comments ( 0 )
Login to create a comment