National Institute of Design Haryana
NID Haryana 2023 admission notification is awaited. Providing you with last year admission details.
National Institute of Design Kurukshetra
The prestigious NID Kurukshetra, in Haryana was established on November 15, 2016 as an autonomous institute under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India.
NID Haryana offers full-time four years B Des programme with specialization streams of Industrial Design, Communication Design and Textile & Apparel Design with a multidisciplinary approach to design education.
Table of Contents
NID Kurukshetra Admission 2022
National Institute of Design, Haryana application process had started on 5th October, 2021.
Admission at NID, Kurukshetra is be based on the common Design Aptitude Test (DAT).
|Year of establishment||November 15, 2016|
|No. of Courses Offered||3 Courses|
|Total No. of Seats||75|
|Entrance Test||DAT Prelims & DAT Mains|
|Fees (Ist Yr.)||Rs. 2,48,650|
NID DAT is conducted in two stages: NID DAT Prelims and NID DAT Mains.
NID DAT Prelims is a pen & paper based test & was held on Jan 2, 2022.
More on NID:
|NID Kurukshetra Question Papers||NID Kurukshetrs Entrance Exam Sample Papers|
|NID Kurukshetra Sample Question Paper||Free NID Paper Downloads|
NID Kurukshetra Courses
NID Haryana offers full time 4 year Bachelor's Programme in Design (B Des) with specialization streams of Industrial Design, Communication Design and Textile & Apparel Design with a multi-disciplinary approach to design education.
|B Des PROGRAMME||SEATS|
The first year at NID Haryana comprises of 2 semesters of Common Foundation Program.
The Foundation Program introduces students to the fundamentals of design and helps develop ways of perception, aesthetic sensitivity, understanding of the multidisciplinary nature of design and relationship of design with human senses and emotions, culture environment and ecology.
The 4 pillars of Foundation Program:
1. Observation & Visualization
- Freehand Drawing
- Analytical Drawing
- Geometry and Structure
2. Basic Design
- Elements of Composition
- Colour & Form
- Basic Materials & Method
3. Design, Context, Culture & Values
- Environmental Perception
- Science & Liberal Arts
- Film Appreciation
4. Design, Processes & Applications
- Space, Form & Structure
- Design Concepts & Concerns
Textile & Apparel Design Discipline
Number of Seats: 25
The discipline strives to impart skill based fundamental knowledge in weaving, printing, knitting, illustration and garment construction backed by contemporary and traditional know how.
- Textiles for Fashion, Interiors & Industrial applications
- Aesthetic, functional & sustainable responses to the apparel and fashion industry.
- Craft research & studies for understanding the Indian contect through material, process, practice & meaning.
- Multi-discilinary and research oriented approach for designing objects, lifestyles and systems relevant to the Textiles and Apparel industry.
Dyeing, Weaving, Printing, Draping, Pattern Making, Knitting, Fabric Construction & Surface Manipulation, Space Design, Craft Research & Studies, Historic & Traditional Textiles and Costume Studies, Application of technology in textiles
Dyeing Lab, Weaving Lab, Sewing & Garment Construction Lab,
- Textile Designer
- Print, materials, knitwear & product designer
- Colour & trim designer in Automotive Industry
- Colour & Trend Forecaster
- Stationary Designer
- Surface Designer for Interiors
- Upholstery Fabric, wallpaper, carpet & rug designer
- Fashion Designer
Communication Design Discipline
Number of Seats: 25
The discipline enables the students to explore the sub-domains of communication design, ranging from Film, Animation, Graphic Design, Interface Design and Interaction Design with basic modules that are common to all.
Details of Program:
- The program has two major sub-discipline pathways of Film, Animation & Graphic Design with electives on Interface and Interaction Design.
- Apart from discipline specific craft & techniques, the program offers design thinking, liberal arts & management inputs that brings more depth to the projects and make them viable.
- Project areas range from traditional media, branding, infotainment to development communication to give comprehensive exposure.
- Labs with high configuration mac and windows workstations with graphics tablets.
- High end video & still cameras with variety of lenses.
- Sound & lighting equipment.
- Sound studio, dark rooms and photography studio.
- Printing Lab.
- Graphic Designer
- Cartoon, comic and graphic novel artists
- VFX artists & editors
- Sound Designers
- Art Director.
- Brand Manager
- Content writer, visualizer and strategists
- UI/UX and Interaction Designer
- Design researcher & strategists
Industrial Design Discipline
Number of Seats: 25
- Relationship between Industries, Systems and those who use them.
- User Centric approach and processes.
- Design Projects form the core of an Industrial Designer's education.
Industrial Design Domains:
- Product Design
- Automotive Design
- Furniture Design
- Toy & Game Design
- Ceramic Design
- UI/UX Design
- Accessory Design
- Design Management
- Socially Relevant Design
Glimpse of Courses
- Form studies
- Systems Thinking
- Design Projects
- Material & Manufacturing Techniques
- Digital Prototyping
- Research Methodology
- History of Industrial Design
More to Read:
|What if I do not get into NID?||5 Worst Reasons to become a Designer|
|Should I try again for NID next year?||11 Qualities of Highly Creative People|
NID Kurukshetra Seat Matrix 2022
More to read on NID:
|Do you want to study Toy Design?||NID 2018 Solved Paper|
|Which Designing Course is Best in India?||NID M.Des Question Paper|
NID Kurukshetra Fees 2022
NID Haryana Fees Structure for the first two Semesters:
|Particulars||Ist Sem||IInd Sem|
|Refundable Security Deposit||10,000|
|Insurance (Personal Accident)||150|
|Student Activity Fund||500|
|Total Fees for the first two Semesters||1,29,650||1,19,000|
Note: Hostel & Mess charges to be borne in addition to tuition fees
For Fee Details on other NID Campuses, visit NID Fees
More to Explore...
NID Kurukshetra Placements
NID Haryana Placement: 54 Companies have shown interest in Internships, Graduation Projects and Jobs.
More on NID Campus Placement
|Oswaal Books||TRD Studios|
|White hat Jr||Yellow Mist|
|One Plus||Invent India|
|Turian labs||Yuj Designs|
More on NID Haryana:
|NID Haryana Syllabus||NID Design Aptitude Test|
|Entrance Exam for NID Haryana||NID Haryana Eligibility|
NID Kurukshetra Director
NID Haryana Director is Dr. Vanita Ahuja.
With her educational background of studying Architecture from IIT Roorkee, M.Tech in Construction Project Management from IIT Delhi & PhD from Queensland University of Technology, Australia.
NID Kurukshetra Scholarships
The Scholarship Grant is introduced by NID Haryana from academic year 2020-21 onwards.
The key features of the Grant are as follows:
- The Scholarship Grant will be given on the basis of meritorious performance of students.
- The Scholarship Grant is also available to students of economically weaker section.
NID Kurukshetra Campus
Kurukshetra is a holy city with religious heritage.
NID Kurukshetra is located in the Transit Campus of Government Polytechnic at Umri, Kurukshetra, 100 metres away from National Highway No 1 and 8 Km away from Kurukshetra city.
Reaching NID Haryana
By Rail: 6kms from Kurukshetra Junction Railway Station
By Air: Delhi Airport is about 190 kms & Chandigarh 100 kms.
By Road: ISBT Delhi is about 170 kms, Chandigarh about 100 kms, Panipat about 70 kms, Karnal about 35 kms
NID Kurukshetra Hostel
The Institute has its own Hostel Accommodation with Mess Facilities, 24 hours Wi-Fi, Lifts, Hot Water, RO, 24X7 Security, Guards, CCTV & resident Hostel Warden.
|NID Kurukshetra Address||Government Polytechnic Building at Umri, Kurukshetra, Haryana-136131, India|
|NID Kurukshetra Website||Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|
|NID Kurukshetra Contact||01744-278100, 01744-278101|
You might be interested in other NID Campuses:
|NID Ahmedabad||NID Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh|
|NID Jorhat, Assam||NID Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh|
About the Author: Meet Anu Handa – Interior Designer turned Edupreneur, Blogger and co-founder at Mosaic Institute of Design. Anu has spent 15+ years training Design & B.Arch Aspirants for entrance exams.
Her online platform www.mosaicdesigns.in, helps the next generation of Design & B.Arch Aspirants get the right career advice, choose the most apt design streams, help them prepare for the entrance exams and choose the best college.
She has been the lead blogpost writer at www.mosaicdesigns.in since 2009. Her educational background in Interior Design, Urban Planning and the English Language has given her a broad base to cover a range of topics in her articles.
Passionate about Design Education, she likes to write about Design, Architecture and related fields on online platforms. Aims at challenging the conventional & age old teaching methodology.
Read more on Anu Handa
Comments ( 0 )
Login to create a comment